First update in 2013 is ready!
Don’t forget to comment the video and give us feedback about the new interface style.
Alpha build#4 changelog:
- source code transferred from Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 to MS Visual Studio 2008;
- partial refactoring of the code to improve stability and performance of the game;
- faster loading of the levels;
- bug with incorrect blood sprites being displayed as grey squares fixed;
- our own old GUI library was replaced by more advanced open source CEGUI (Crazy Eddie’s GUI) for more functionality;
- old elements of the interface revamped using CEGUI;
- new icons for items;
- new music (you can hear it partially in the video).
You can play the current build and get all updates if you preorder Exoplanet First Contact on our site!
Thank you for your attention and support!
Don’t forget to visit our forum!
PS: Looking for the new GUI library we’ve tried a lot of them and found a couple of decent solutions which could be useful for other game developers. We hope that this list will spare you some time and brain cells =)
- CEGUI — MIT license
- MyGUI - LGPLv2 license
- libRocket — MIT license
- gameswf — public code (no copyrights and restrictions)
- IMGUI — Interesting approach to GUI (similar to the one which is used in Unity3D)
- AntTweakBar — zlib/libpng license
- Berkelium (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUdrflSOe_Q) — BSD license
- List by SDL
- List by Allegro
- List by Glest